Eligibility & What to Enter
Here you will find details of who can enter the new YCN Awards and an outline of the kind of work that should be entered. If you have any questions whatsoever on eligibility please email them to email@example.com
Who can enter...
The Awards are open to anyone in any country in the world that fulfills the eligibility below.
• If you have graduated in the last eight years (i.e in 2005 or later) and are working professionally then you are welcome to enter.
• If you are working full time you can enter. If you are working freelance or part time then you can enter.
• If you are professionally related to a member of the jury, you are still eligible to enter. Jury members will not evaluate work with which they have any involvement,
• You can enter as an individual, or as a collective, practice or team. If entering as a collective, practice or team then all members must fulfill the entry criteria.
• If you didn't study in higher education, but began working professionally within the last eight years then you are welcome to enter.
• Students in higher education are not eligible to enter (but should take a look at the YCN Student Awards instead).
• Postgraduate students, also undertaking professional work alongside their studies, are eligible to enter.
• If you graduated earlier than eight years ago (i.e in 2004 or earlier) then you are not eligble to enter.
• If you didn't study, but began working professionally earlier than eight years ago then you are not eligible to enter.
• If you have any questions whatsoever on eligibility please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to enter...
• If you haven't already done so you can read details about this year's categories here.
• Having selected your category you should submit a portfolio presenting your four favourite projects.
• Projects do not have to be from any particular year or time period.
• Each project can comprise multiple elements. Please share as much as possible for each project to show it in detail, and in its best light.
• Your portfolio can combine personal projects and client projects. At least two of your entered projects must be client projects.
• All projects can be client projects should you wish.
• Client projects are defined as work you were paid to do by someone else.
• Work produced for clients for free, or as pitch work that didn't go live, can be submitted but this will count as personal work so please reference it as so when submitting.
• Client work can be projects you have produced directly for a client, or projects you have produced in the employment of someone else (eg when working for a design studio).
• If you submit a project that you worked on in the employment of someone else then you must have had a lead role on the project. This may need to be validated by your employer on receipt of your entry.
• If including projects that exist online, please include links to the projects in text files when submitting.
• No physical elements are required on entering. Please do not post or send physical work to YCN.
• Where projects contain writing that is contextually relevant this should be in the English language.
• If you have any questions whatsoever on what to enter please email them to email@example.com.