Coaching Circles combine the power of 'action' learning around individual and collective challenges, with the practicing of in-demand coaching skills needed to lead teams today. Curated and facilitated both cross-organisationally, and directly within our partners' teams, Coaching Circles provide a unique space for reflection, problem solving and 21st century skills building.
Core, complementary benefits
How Coaching Circles drive performance
Coaching Circles — an overview
As a learning experience, Coaching Circles offer a unique dual development benefit to participants — breakthroughs on their own specific challenges, and the building of highly transferable coaching skills to apply in their own teams.
• Building the long term leadership capabilities of participants through a coaching mindset.
• Generating breakthroughs for participants around individual and collective challenges.
• The creation of a safe and supportive space for practicing new skills.
• A live environment for practicing coaching skills among diverse peers.
• Establishing coaching cultures within participants' teams, through the transfer of coaching skills.
• The development of relationships that long outlive the life of the circle.
How Coaching Circles work
Coaching Circles offer a development space for a curated group of 5-8 peers to coach each other around individual and collective challenges — identifying ways forward together, and holding one another to account. Guided by a professional coach-facilitator over a series of six, two hour sessions; participants assume more individual responsibility for the fulfilment of the circle over time.
• The group is led by a coach-facilitator who works with the group throughout.
• Learning is anchored in the real challenges of the group, or topics agreed with the coach-facilitator.
• Airtime is shared, with challenges revealed and worked through in each session.
• Accountability is created among the group for learning and action between sessions.
• Over the life of the Coaching Circle, participants build their own coaching skills and confidence to coach among their teams.