Accredited by MHFA England, this four hour session will raise your awareness of mental health from a personal perspective and enable you to support others too.
Led by accredited associate practitioner Olly Church, this session is aimed at people keen to increase their awareness and understanding around mental health, and build their confidence and capability to offer support to others suffering from mental distress at work, and in the broader community.
What we'll cover:
• What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
• A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
• An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
• Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
• A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
• A manual to refer to whenever you need it
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
How the session will be structured:
A mix of instruction, discussion and practical application.
Location:72 Rivington Street,
London, EC2A 3AY,
Start:13th February, 2020 at 9:00am
End:13th February, 2020 at 1:00pm
Cost:For our members and programme participants
Interested in coming along?
Please let us know here, and feel free to tell us more about your interest in the topic. Not a member of YCN? We sometimes open things up, so do get in touch and we can let you know what’s possible.