We're currently recruiting for a Writer & Researcher.
Writer & Researcher
We’ve an immediate opening for someone with relevant past experience in the learning and work-culture space to help us research and create new educational resources and content.
Established in 2001, YCN (You Can Now) is a next-gen learning partner to growth-oriented organisations of all shapes and sizes; from FTSE 100 firms like Pearson to foodie favourites Dishoom; fast-growth tech companies like SuperAwesome and socially driven charities such as Shelter. We help our partners to build in-demand skills throughout their teams, focussed on the challenges they're facing right now. And we do this using modern and motivating methods that people actually want to be part of — the antidote to that tired, unimaginative and ineffective training you've probably yourself experienced at some point. Everything we design and deliver is rooted in behavioural and social science and enlivened by the perspectives and experiences of each and every participant.
Whether providing teams with access to our pioneering, cross-organisational learning programmes; delivering targeted, bite-sized and topic specific sessions remotely to our partners teams or building bespoke global leadership development programmes from the bottom up — our focus is on meaningful, memorable learning experiences that enrich the lives of their participants and are measured against real behavioural change and business results.
As a Writer & Researcher you will support in the development of a range of bite-size digital tools we call eCourses that support the live training sessions we deliver; across areas like Personal Effectiveness (think feedback skills, influencing, coaching and mentoring), Creative Thinking, Diversity and Inclusion and Wellbeing. This is an example of a short eCourse on point to the topic of Owning Feedback, and this is another — a primer on research around leadership styles, to support conversation among teams. Alongside these training resources you'll research, originate and edit broader content for our soon-to-launch-new website which will have more of an editorial focus — with an emphasis on interviews, thought pieces and other engaging stuff to share our thinking and that of the experts we collaborate with.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working alongside facilitators, coaches and programme designers to support in the research and creation of resources.
• Collaborating on ideas and approaches for content that shares our expertise and takes on topics.
• Liaising with authors and other subject experts for interviews and write ups.
• Supporting in the wording of marketing campaigns to spark new conversations and enquiries.
• Helping to prepare research and insights ahead of client meetings.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Evident experience in something comparable to our work and sector.
• A love for learning and digging into all kinds of topics and themes.
• Interest in psychology, behavioural science and the things that make people tick.
• The ability to re-work, re-frame and re-articulate ideas and theories into digestible and easy to understand chunks.
• A want to help others to learn and fulfil their potential.
• Bonus points: Familiarity with the learning platform Articulate 360.
We see this as a 3 day a week role, and so are keen to hear from those open to this part-time approach. While our building on Rivington Street in Shoreditch will be open again in September for use by our team, associates and partners — we support entirely open and flexible approaches within our team around individual preference on days and remote working. Salary and commission will relate to experience.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest and fit with this role to Nick Defty at YCN — firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions? Please email them to Nick too.