We're currently recruiting for an experienced learning and development maestro to join us as Programme Director.
We have an immediate opening for an ambitious and imaginative learning and development professional to join our central team, to help design and deliver modern, motivating and memorable learning programmes for our equally ambitious and imaginative clients.
You Can Now
YCN is learning network. Since 2001, we’ve been building our network of open and outward-looking organisations of all shapes and sizes, from big businesses like AXA and Lush Cosmetics to tech-stars like WeTransfer and Farfetch and amazing charities like the NSPCC and Scope, to award winning consultancies like Koto and forpeople.
We design ways to share knowledge and build capability throughout their teams — from the leaders at the top, to their newest hires.
We do this through pioneering, cross-organisational learning programmes that continually bring curated groups together around topics of common interest, and by developing bespoke capability programmes for partners such as adidas, AB InBev and Secret Escapes, often focussed on developing their leaders and high potentials.
You as Programme Director
The role of Programme Director will be pivotal to our continued success and growth as you will be instrumental in the design and delivery of client learning programmes, and in supporting the ongoing development of our own core programme.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading in the delivery of bespoke learning programmes for clients, putting together the relevant teams combining internal and external resource and expertise, and working alongside such experts to deliver the experience.
• Supporting our new business function by joining key meetings with new potential clients and lending your expertise from a learning design and delivery point of view.
• Working alongside fellow team members to define and evolve the topics within our core learning programme.
• Supporting in the continual evolution and improvement of our in-person learning formats, so that we’re always sharpening the ways we deliver our programmes.
• Delivering in-person learning sessions both within client programmes and our own core programme. That might range from facilitating a series of leadership workshops within a client programme to introducing and moderating a panel discussion within our core programme.
As such, our ideal candidate will have:
• Experience leading learning within a brand/client side context or for an organisation that delivers learning to such clients.
• Experience designing and delivering face-to-face learning. E.g. running workshops, facilitating groups, presenting, moderating — you will be charismatic, engaging and confident ‘in the room’.
• Strong opinions on the opportunity for digital learning to support what happens in person.
• Experience working with leadership teams. Many of the programmes we design and deliver are focussed on the development of groups of high-potentials and leaders — and we’re looking for someone with relevant smarts.
• Experience designing for, and working with, remote teams. As well as our own open and agile approaches to work at YCN, we support and deliver some learning programmes remotely.
• A rigorous understanding of classic and contemporary pedagogy. We’re looking for someone who can draw on timeless theory and update or reject what’s tired. You'll help us further cement YCN’s belief in open and connected learning.
• Experience of leading and inspiring teams.
• First class written and verbal communication skills.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience.
Salary will be related to experience.
This is a full time role, with flexibility.
We are open to the number of days you want to work, and where you want to work from. Whether 5 days a week in the YCN building, or fewer days and some remote working to support your broader commitments — the role will be designed around you.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Nick Defty, email@example.com