How to Decide
In today's fast-moving and ambiguous world of work, it's no surprise that we often feel pressured and unfocussed. Hardly the best context for making good decisions. By discussing and practicing some fundamental mental checks, methods and proven approaches to decision making; we can lessen the chance of poor consideration, unconscious bias or spending too long sweating reversible outcomes with low consequences.
Exploring this topic with your team
Beating bias for better decisions
Key concepts covered
• Decisions Vs Outcomes, and how to avoid 'resulting'
• The power of the pre-mortem
• When decisions love diversity (and when they don't)
• Consequence Vs Reversibility
• Darwin's dilemma, and how to avoid your own
• How curious questions can negate potential bias