Crafting compelling questions can transform the way we communicate and move us forward in all areas of our lives
We’re often faced with issues that make us feel ‘stuck’ — whether thats getting to the root of a creative idea we can’t quite define, or tackling a reoccurring problem with a colleague. The right question at the the right time can remove barriers, offer new perspectives and give us the breakthrough we need to progress.
The reality is most of us don’t stop to think before we ask, and it’s all too easy to focus on what you have to say, rather than the answers you're getting from people. We might be too embarrassed to be direct or to challenge, which means we’re missing opportunities to learn and grow. By viewing questions as a problem solving device we can be more strategic about what we’re looking to achieve and how to get there.
We'll focus on:
• Establishing the why in the questions we pose
• What are powerful questions and what makes them so impactful
• Asking the right question for the right time
• Unlearning our 'fix it’ habits
• Untangling our wants and needs