Our ongoing partnership with Dr. Martens focusses on building practical people-skills among people managers around the world — in social and motivating ways.
We began working with the footwear and culture maker in 2019, bringing together 120 members of its global management team for a two day event. We partnered with the senior leadership team to design, develop and deliver socially driven and practical skills-building content across the two days. Key YCN bite-sized workshops were adapted and delivered by our coach-facilitators, with resources and engagement post-event supporting the transfer of new learning and behaviours back to work.
Content designed and delivered included:
• Pre-event engagement to establish curiosity among those coming along.
• Bite-sized, energising and interactive 90-minute workshops focussed on Coaching Mindsets and Owning Feedback; adapting content from our core programme for multiple delivery to groups of 40 delegates over the course of the first day.
• A newly created 90 minute workshop — Global Learnings, that brought together cross-cultural, cross-functional groups to run retrospectives on good working practice, and areas for improvement.
• Physical 'learning packs' to support the content shared in the in-person sessions and enable participants to dig deeper into the topics through printed and digital resources.
• Design and delivery of A LEGO Serious Play workshop to ensure the discussion of key learnings, and the capture of action commitments at the close of the second day; with expert facilitation from Sean Blair.
We are currently working with the business on a global manager development programme to enable people-managers around the world to have 'Even Better Conversations' with their direct reports — through a bespoke series of bite-sized training workshops and peer coaching groups.